Pre-employment Drug Testing
Workplace accidents and lack of productivity as the result of substance abuse threaten the well being of employers, employees, and our communities. To safeguard your workplace against the disastrous effects of substance abuse, Eclipse has developed a Drug Free Workplace Program.
The Drug Free Workplace Program is a constructive means for management and employees to work together to maintain a safe, productive, drug free environment.
Drug Free Workplace Program Monitoring
To measure the success of, and to aid in enforcing, our Drug Free Workplace Program, a six panel drug test is administered under the following conditions:
1. Job applicants, as a condition of obtaining employment
2. Employees who are required to undergo FITNESS FOR DUTY MEDICAL EXAMINATIONS.
3. Employees as a FOLLOW-UP to a return from rehabilitation program. These employees will be tested periodically.
4. Employees who, by reliable evidence, or by their observed or reliably reported behavior, may be REASONABLY SUSPECTED
of: (a) Using or being under the influence of drugs, alcohol or medications while working. (b) Tampering with a drug screen
test. (c) Causing or contributing to an accident involving a reportable injury.
5. Under a random testing schedule, 10 percent of the workforce is to be tested annually.
Drug Testing Procedure
New Hire initial testing is performed utilizing the saliva swab test. A positive test will preclude individuals from being hired.
This test will also be utilized after any incident for faster return to work turnaround time. All positive specimens from the this screening are then tested a second time using a different technique and chemical principal from the initial test to insure reliability and accuracy. Once the saliva swab tested presence of drugs and/or there exists a suspicion of alcohol use will we escort the individual to an approved laboratory to obtain a urine and/or blood specimen for further testing. All test results are reported to the Medical Review Officer for verification prior to being transmitted to Eclipse.